Adam Robertson – Osteopath / Personal trainer / Mobility specialist
Adam no longer works at 5 Valleys Physiotherapy. Adam worked at 5 Valleys Physiotherapy until June 2017
Phone: 01453 755948
When Adam was in his twenties, working as a Personal Trainer he found his “stiffness” was causing pain and issues with his performance. He was getting hamstring tightness on a squat which was aggravating his lower back and causing pain. Seeking guidance from books and courses he was able to alleviate the lower back pain but not performance of his squat.
Seven years later, Adam met his mentor and now good friend who was able to greatly improve the mobility of his hips and left shoulder. An overhead squat became possible, for the first time.
How Adam can get you results:
Using the ethos that not one person can be treated in the same way; we all have different bone lengths and muscle tightness. Adam assesses the joint, isolates the causes of the tightness before deciding on the best approach, which could include:
- Hands on Osteopathic techniques (registered a qualified Osteopath)
- Hands on Functional Range Release Technique (as a Certified Practioner)
- Gymnastic techniques (Gymnastic coach – 4 years experience)
- Peronsal trainer methodologies (Personal Trainer – 6 years experience)
- Physiotherapy (Physio Technician – 4 years experience)
Through guidance and with the right mentor, your niggles can stop hurting and performance can be improved. So if you are tired of being stiff, book a session with our Mobility Specialist.
2016: NE Surrey College of technology
Post Graduate Qualifications
- BSc Osteopathic Medicine
- Foundation certificate in fitness instruction
- Diploma in personal training
- Advanced nutrition for weight management
- Sport & medial massage; injury assessment and rehabilitation
Clinical Sporting Interests
Adam’s recent blogs
- Running is all in the Big Toe! – Osteopath, Adam Robertson, shares with us how running performance can be impaired with issues arising from your big toe.