Victoria Price – Triathlete and Runner
Victoria Price started triathlon in 2010 and won the South West Triathlon Series. Vicky continued finishing in the top 3 in 2011/2012. For the duration of 2013-2015 she struggled with injuries which resulted in poor performance or being unable to compete.
Vicky currently trains with:
- Severnside Tritons Swimming Club (9 hours of training per week) & competes at the Gloucestershire County Championships
- Stroud & District Athletic Club (3 hours of training per week) Vicky has competed at national level and represented Gloucestershire on numerous occasions.
- Bristol Cycling Development Squad (4 hours of training per week)
Vicky’s training & physio
Monday – Swimming 1hour 30, Turbo Cycle 30mins
Tuesday – Swimming 1 hour 30 & Running 1 hour
Wednesday – Cycling chaingang BCDS
Thursday – Swimming 2 hours /Running 1 hour (either)
Friday – Strength & Conditioning 1 hour, 30min Turbo Cycle
Saturday – Swimming 2hours, Running 1 hour
Sunday – Cycling 2-3hours, Land training 1 hour, Swimming recovery 1 hour
I generally use the physio for sports massage around once a month or once or twice just before a big competition.
5 Valleys physio brought me back from injury, provided committed excellent staff for every different injury. They also helped me prepare for races with sports massage so my muscles are ready and also that my body can cope with the training. They are also supporting and promoting my training and racing.
- 2016 – South West Triathlon Champion
- 2016 – South West Triathlon Series Champion
- 2016 – British Triathlon Youth Super Series Qualifier & Finisher
- 2016 – South West Duathlon 3rd Women 2nd Youth Women
- 2016 – Youth elite race at the London Triathlon – 6th place
- 2010 – South West Triathlon Series – Winner
- Qualification for Cardiff Cross Challenge + South West Schools Cross country through representing Gloucestershire Schools
- Gloucestershire Cross Country League Races
- Gloucestershire County Champs- Swimming & Cross Country
- South West Junior Series
- GB Age group qualification races Triathlon
- Aim to get used to the change in distance, get used to the sprint distance
- Vicky qualifies for England schools – Vicky qualifies for England schools cross country in Norwich on the 18th March.
- Vicky Qualifies for South West Schools – Congratulations to Vicky Price who came 7th in the schools invitational cross challenge race and now qualifies to run at South West Schools Cross Country in Truro
- Vicky Qualifies for Loughborough – Prior to the meet for Gloucestershire County Cross Country Championships at Old Down Country Park in Tockington on Saturday 7th Jan, Vicky was unsure as to whether she was going to even compete let alone place.
- Vicky has a great result – Shortening days don’t hamper Vicky’s competitive edge. Not only did she finish an excellent 2nd in Gloucester District Schools Cross Country but has now qualified for the county schools championships