Rachel Lade – Equestrian
I have been riding for most of my life, and got my first ever pony on loan when I was 11. My current horse is called ‘Surprise Addition’, but we call him ‘Barty’ or ‘Chubby’ at home. He is an Irish Draught horse, and not your typical competition horse at all but we have had some great results together. These include 6th at the National Dressage Championships, Reserve Champion at the PC Dressage Championships, and 29th at the British Eventing Championships which take place very locally in Minchinhampton!
I am a member of the South West Dressage team, and also represent the Cotswold PC and my University team at national level competitions.
Rachel’s training & physio
Rachel takes full advantage of our specialist equestrian physiotherapy.
- 2016 – Wellington Area Festival – Advanced Medium Bronze
- 2015 – National Dressage Championships – 6th
- 2015 – PC Dressage Championships – reserve champion
- 2015 – British Eventing Championships – 29th
Rachel’s 2016 targets
- Make the step up to British Dressage Advanced Medium Level
- Top 10 at British Dressage Regionals at Medium Level
- Get selected for teams at Inter-Regionals and Home International
- Make the step up to International One Star Level
- Qualify for the National Championships at Novice again
- Qualify for the PC Championships for Eventing
- Work towards Coaching Qualification
- Continue to improve my fitness and strength, particularly in my lower back where I have an old injury
- Season ends on a high for Chubs and Rachel – Rachel lade had a really good day on Saturday 5th November at Keysoe for the BD Draught Horse Championships. This was despite the chilly weather and broken saddle
- Rachel Lade wins advanced medium bronze – Rachel Lade wins Advanced Medium Bronze in her first trip to the Wellington Area Festival