What is Sports Massage?
Sports massage is used as a recovery technique or maintenance of an existing complaint. It involves stretching, lengthening and stimulating different types of tissue to restore and repair areas of dysfunction.
Its main attributes are:
- Reduce swelling bruising
- Enhance the healing process
- Restore dysfunctional tissue
- Decrease pain
- Remove isolated areas of tissue stress that may go on to cause injury
- Myofascial release for adaptive tissue loading through compensation
Our sports massage therapists have the added benefit of being qualified chartered physiotherapists adding a depth of knowledge far greater than generic sports therapists. They form part of your personalised rehabilitation programme which facilitates your return to form.
- Our hands on approach is second to none
- 5 Valleys Physio Specialise in sports injuries and sports injury management
- Whether you are a professional or recreational athlete, we can help you
30mins massage – £30.00
45mins massage – £37.00
1hr massage – £50.00